Free trials offers can be a good way to make decisions about what to buy and what companies to deal with before you make a commitment to them. But sometimes there are downsides to free trial offers. Some companies hide terms of the agreement you are making deep in the fine print. Or they might bill you every month until you cancel, or sign you up for products other than the ones you wanted to try.
Here are some things you can do to protect yourself:
- Research the company online.
- Uncheck prechecked boxes.
- Put the time limit of the free trial on your calendar so you can cancel on time.
- Read your credit card statements to make sure you aren't charged for something you didn't want.
If you get into trouble with a free trial offer, here are some things you can do:
- Contact the company and see if they can help you.
- Call your credit card company and ask them to reverse the charge.