Revocation of Power of Attorney Form With Instructions

Last updated: October 2012

Connecticut law does not automatically revoke an old power of attorney when you sign a new one.

A power of attorney has no effect until you give it to your agent (attorney-in-fact) or you give it to a bank or any other institution, to indicate you want the agent to act on your behalf. If you have not given the document to anyone, you can revoke it by destroying it. If the power of attorney has already been recorded in the land records, or given to an institution, you should sign a statement revoking the power  of attorney and have it witnessed by two people and notarized.

A sample document is included on this website.