Main Content

Do you disagree with a decision DSS has made?

If you disagree with a decision DSS has made about your cash assistance, you can appeal. You will need to ask for an appeal in writing.

DSS must get your appeal within 60 days. If you want to keep your benefits during the appeal, your appeal must be received within 10 days of the date the notice was mailed.

The hearing request must be mailed or faxed:

Fair Hearing Unit, Department of Social Services
55 Farmington Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105-3724 
Fax: 860-424-4923

If you have very low income, you may be able to get help from legal aid. The contact information is below.


Obtenga Ayuda de Asistencia Legal

Mayor de 60 años: Obtenga ayuda legal.
Menor de 60 años: Encuentre ayuda legal o llene una solicitud en línea.
¿No es de Connecticut? Encuentre ayuda en otro estado.