Legal Aid News and Events
- Video: Resources for Immigrant Families during the COVID-19 Crisis
- Video: Recursos para las familias inmigrantes durante la crisis de COVID-19
- Article: How to Keep Your Utilities on Once the COVID-19 Emergency Shut off Order is Lifted
- Article: Cómo Mantener sus Servicios Públicos una vez que se levanta la Orden de Cierre de Emergencia COVID-19
Job Opening: General Law Attorney at Statewide Legal Services
Job Opening: Website navigator project manager
CBA Pro Bono Connect Responds to the Legal Services Needs as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Connecticut Bar Association (CBA) has launched CBA Pro Bono Connect to help meet the anticipated increase in the civil legal needs of Connecticut’s low-income residents in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will allow volunteer attorneys to sign up to receive case referrals from Connecticut’s civil legal service providers. CBA Pro Bono Connect also provides those attorneys with on-demand webinar trainings and materials to support their legal representation.
Job Opening: Staff Attorney at Open Communities Alliance
Job Opening: Connecticut Veterans Legal Center
Job Opening: Community Organizer, CLS Bridgeport
Former A.G. Holder issues call to action at Legal Aid fundraiser
CT Mirror, 7/18/9
Protest puts pressure on New Haven for more affordable housing
New Haven Register
Housing Activists Press Task Force For Transparency
New Haven Independent
Job Opportunity: Grant Developer, Statewide Legal Services
2nd Child Poisoned; Where’s The City?
New Haven Independent
Connecticut Bar Foundation’s James W. Cooper Fellows Annual Legal Services Leadership Award for this year went to Raphael L. Podolsky. Attorney Podolsky , formerly of LARCC and now CLS, received this heartfelt award from the Connecticut Bar Foundation in recognition of his over 40 years of significant contributions to legislative and litigation reform in ensuring access to justice for individuals and communities in need of economic safety nets, access to the courts and to a fair, democratic system of due process for all.
Raising the Minimum Wage in Connecticut
Policy Solutions for Low-Wage Workers
New Haven Legal Assistance
Congratulations to Shelley White for being selected by the Connecticut Bar Association to receive their Charles J. Parker Legal Services Award at their upcoming awards ceremony!
A juvenile record can be a barrier to employment, education, and housing. Luckily, juvenile records can be erased through the erasure process. However, while the majority of juvenile records can be erased, few people know about or take advantage of the opportunity. This website seeks to clarify juvenile erasure, with the hope of more people getting their records erased!
Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut, Inc. is proud to announce Project Manager, Attorney Sandra San Emeterio, has been named an American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers” 2016 Honoree.
The Annual award provides national recognition for ABA young lawyer members who exemplify a broad range of high achievement, innovation, vision, leadership, and legal and community service. Read full announcement.
One More Way the Courts Aren’t Working for the Poor
The Nation, 5/16/2016
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR)
- Connecticut Regulations
- CT General Statutes
- Vision Appraisal
- 2019 Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Department of Correction Inmate Locator
- DSS Publications and Brochures
- DSS Uniform Policy Manual (UPM)
- DSS W-1E form for SNAP, cash, and medical
- Connecticut's Executive Branch of Government
- Connecticut State Employees Phone Numbers and Emails
- Clearinghouse Review articles (you must view inside our network)
- Connecticut Housing Search
- HUD Low-Rent Housing Search
- File an Unemployment Appeal
- Unemployment Referee Hearing Docket
- Online Plain Language Gadget