What Should I Do if I Owe Child Support?

What Should I Do if I Owe Child Support?

Your child has the right to be supported by both parents.

If you are a father, you can be required to pay child support if you are not the main person taking care of your child. If you show care and concern for your child, including financial support, you may have the right to custody or visitation.

For more information, contact:

Statewide Legal Services: 860-344-0380 (Central CT & Middletown) or 1-800-453-3320 (all other regions).

For people over 60, click here to get help from legal aid.

Not from Connecticut?

Most of the information on this website is for Connecticut residents only.
Find help in another state.

Was this helpful?

We'd love to know what you think of this page. All submissions are anonymous.

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Incorrect please try again
Enter the words above: Enter the words you hear: