DSS Guide to Services for Elders in Connecticut

DSS Guide to Services for Elders in Connecticut


This article provides elderly living in Connecticut with a list of state-funded and/or affiliated organizations and service providers. Covers the Food Stamp Program (now known as SNAP), adult day care, homecare, the Connecticut Pharmaceutical Assistance Contract to the Elderly and Disabled (ConnPACE), Medicare, Medicaid, employment and volunteer opportunities, housing and retirement communities, transportation (including licenses and insurance), education, and more.

Get Help From Legal Aid

Under age 60: Find legal help or fill out an online application.
Over age 60: Get help from legal aid.
Not from Connecticut?
Find help in another state.

Get help from 2-1-1

Dial 2-1-1 or go to 211ct.org for help with services in your community.

Give us your feedback

Was this website helpful? Take a quick survey.

Screenshot of RePresent: Renter, a legal game about defending yourself in an eviction.

Play the game on your desktop computer or download it from the iTunes or Google Play store.