Main Content

What Should I Do if I Owe Child Support?

What Should I Do if I Owe Child Support?

By: Center for Children's Advocacy

Your child has the right to be supported by both parents.

If you are a father, you can be required to pay child support if you are not the main person taking care of your child. If you show care and concern for your child, including financial support, you may have the right to custody or visitation.

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.

Get help from 2-1-1

Dial 2-1-1 or go to for help with services in your community.

Tell us what you think

Was this website helpful? Take a quick survey.

Are you going to court without a lawyer?

Practice going to court with our legal game.