Farmworker Rights - How can I protect myself and others from COVID-19?
- Avoid all unnecessary events, travel, or interactions. Stay at home as much as you can.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Always wear a cloth face mask. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Do not use your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands.
- Monitor your heath closely for cold or flu symptoms.
- Create more personal space between yourself and others. This is called social distancing. Try and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) physical distancing from others.
How do I practice social (physical) distancing?
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Create more physical space between yourself and others.
- Keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between yourself and others whenever possible.
- Do not gather in large crowds.
- Work in household groups, if possible.
- Avoid all unnecessary travel. Travel in the same group each day, if possible.
- Avoid all unnecessary social interactions.