Main Content

How to File a Discrimination Complaint


It is against the law for someone to be treated differently because of their race or color, national origin, gender, sex, religion, and more. The Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) can investigate a discrimination claim for you. Call them at 860-541-3400 or visit their website for more information on how to file a discrimination complaint. If you're not sure if you are protected against discrimination, take a look at the CHRO's Who Is Protected page.

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.