Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT): Extra Food Assistance for Families
What is P-EBT?
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is money for families to buy food while school is closed due to COVID-19.
- Families will get $364.80 for every child receiving free or reduced-priced school lunches.
- Using P-EBT will not impact your or your child’s immigration status.
Will I get P-EBT?
You will get P-EBT if your child(ren)
- receive free or reduced-price lunch through the National School Lunch program, or
- attend a school where every student gets free meals.
How do I get P-EBT?
- If you already receive SNAP, it will be added to your SNAP EBT automatically.
- If you don’t already receive SNAP, and your child qualifies, you will receive an EBT card in the mail.
- If you are enrolled in Medicaid, it will come on June 7; otherwise, it will come on June 21.
Not sure if you qualify? Call DSS Client Information Line & Benefits Center at 1-855-6-CONNECT (1-855-626-6632).
Use P-EBT at
- Grocery stores
- Farmers markets
- Online grocery stores