Main Content

Appealing an Unemployment Decision to Superior Court

Welcome! If the Connecticut Department of Labor Board of Review made a decision about your unemployment case and you think their decision was wrong, this guide can help you appeal to Connecticut’s Superior Court.

Si la Junta de Revisión del Departamento del Trabajo de Connecticut tomó una decisión sobre su caso y cree que esa decisión fue equivocada, esta clase puede ayudarle a apelar a la Corte Superior de Connecticut.

Am I ready to ask the Superior Court to look at my unemployment case?

You only have 21 days to file an appeal. The deadline is printed at the end of the Board of Review’s decision.

You might be able to appeal to the Superior Court if all of these are true:

  • You applied for unemployment in Connecticut.
  • You had a fact-finding hearing over the phone, and then had a formal hearing in person with a Referee.
  • The Referee’s decision was appealed to the Connecticut Department of Labor Board of Review (BOR).
  • You were told by the BOR that you can’t get unemployment.
  • Now you want to appeal the BOR’s decision to Superior Court - in other words, you want the Superior Court to look at your case again.

Do you want help figuring this out? Take our guided interview.


Can the court help me?

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.

Get help from 2-1-1

Dial 2-1-1 or go to for help with services in your community.

Tell us what you think

Was this website helpful? Take a quick survey.