Main Content

Appealing an Unemployment Decision to Superior Court

Welcome! If the Connecticut Department of Labor Board of Review made a decision about your unemployment case and you think their decision was wrong, this guide can help you appeal to Connecticut’s Superior Court.

Si la Junta de Revisión del Departamento del Trabajo de Connecticut tomó una decisión sobre su caso y cree que esa decisión fue equivocada, esta clase puede ayudarle a apelar a la Corte Superior de Connecticut.

Step 5 - Ask the court to look at the Board’s decision

Sample formYou will get a notice in the mail from the Board of Review (see a sample) telling you whether they have agreed or disagreed with your request for corrections.

If the Board of Review does not agree with your corrections, or if they only agree with SOME of your corrections, you will have to give the court an Amended Appeal Petition.

Use this guided interview to write the Amended Appeal Petition.

You only have TWO (2) weeks after the board mails you the notice to complete this step! The date that they mail it to you is printed in the notice.  They need to receive the Amended Appeal Petition no later than two weeks after that date.  You can either drop it off at the court or mail it to them.  But remember, they need to have it before the 2 weeks is up.

Keep a copy of the Amended Appeal Petition for yourself.

Step 4: Ask the Board to make corrections

Step 6 - Follow instructions from the Court

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.

Get help from 2-1-1

Dial 2-1-1 or go to for help with services in your community.

Tell us what you think

Was this website helpful? Take a quick survey.