Main Content

Appealing an Unemployment Decision to Superior Court

Welcome! If the Connecticut Department of Labor Board of Review made a decision about your unemployment case and you think their decision was wrong, this guide can help you appeal to Connecticut’s Superior Court.

Si la Junta de Revisión del Departamento del Trabajo de Connecticut tomó una decisión sobre su caso y cree que esa decisión fue equivocada, esta clase puede ayudarle a apelar a la Corte Superior de Connecticut.

Step 6 - Follow instructions from the Court

The court will mail you papers in about four weeks. The papers will include a court date and docket number for your case. It is very important that you follow the instructions on your papers. Every court handles unemployment appeals a little differently. 

The week before your court date, you must call the court at the phone number on your papers.

If you filed an Amended Appeal Petition (from Step 5 in this class), and you don’t get papers from the court within four weeks after filing it, call the court clerk’s office and ask about your case.

If you have questions about what happens next, ask the Court Service Center.

If you have very low income, call Statewide Legal Services at 860-344-0380 (Central CT and Middletown) or 1-800-453-3320 (all other areas in Connecticut).

Step 5 - Ask the court to look at the Board’s decision

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.

Get help from 2-1-1

Dial 2-1-1 or go to for help with services in your community.

Tell us what you think

Was this website helpful? Take a quick survey.