Main Content

Did you work and not get paid? How to file a wage complaint with the State of Connecticut


Learn about filing a complaint with the Connecticut Department of Labor if an employer does not pay you for time you spent working.

Si trabajó y no le pagaron por su tiempo, esta clase le ayudará a presentar una queja de salarios con el Departamento de Trabajo de Connecticut.

If you worked and weren’t paid for your time, you can use this guide to file a wage complaint with the Connecticut Department of Labor. We also have a guide to help you take an employer to small claims court. This video can give you information to help you decide which way might work best for you.

The first thing you should do is ask your employer for your back pay. If you are still not paid, try to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. If you have very low income and need legal help, call Statewide Legal Services at 860-344-0380 (Central CT) or 1-800-453-3320 (all other areas in Connecticut).

Important: There are time limits on how long you can wait to try to get back your unpaid wages, so try to get legal advice or take legal action right away.

Know Your Rights

3. Fill out the form, Statement of Claim for Wages

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.

Get help from 2-1-1

Dial 2-1-1 or go to for help with services in your community.

Tell us what you think

Was this website helpful? Take a quick survey.