How to Fill Out a Fee Waiver

If you have a court case, but cannot afford to pay the court costs and fees, you may qualify for a “fee waiver.” A fee waiver means you do not have to pay some or all of the court costs and fees.

This slideshow will walk you through the fee waiver form and explain what information is needed in each section. It might be helpful to have a copy of the form in front of you so you can fill it out while you watch the slideshow. Get a copy of the form.

Funded by the Legal Services Corporation.

For more information, contact:

Statewide Legal Services: 860-344-0380 (Central CT & Middletown) or 1-800-453-3320 (all other regions).

For people over 60, click here to get help from legal aid.

Not from Connecticut?

Most of the information on this website is for Connecticut residents only.
Find help in another state.

Was this helpful?

We'd love to know what you think of this page. All submissions are anonymous.

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Incorrect please try again
Enter the words above: Enter the words you hear: