If you are behind in paying your bills, someone will probably contact you to collect the money you owe. You might owe money on a car loan, credit card accounts, medical bills, utility bills, home mortgage and others.
Is money being taken out of your pay because you owe money? A wage attachment is a court order that forces your employer to take money from your paycheck to pay the debt. Read this to learn: when that can happen, how much they can take, what you can do if you can’t afford it, and more.
2-1-1 is a free service that can help you with many different kinds of problems, including substance abuse, domestic violence, suicide prevention, financial problems, and more. It is available 24 hours a day and 365 days per year.
The Judicial Branch has a list of Connecticut State Marshals on their website or at the clerk's office in your local courthouse.
This pamphlet by the National Consumer Law Center can help you learn what to do if you are being harassed by debt collectors. 
The Appearance form tells the court that you plan to participate in the case and that you should get a notice whenever something happens in the case. This form is also used to tell the court when you have changed your address.Help text for...