Health Care

Connecticut law on medical records generallyFor non-institutional health care providers (doctors, therapists, nurses, etc.), Connecticut statutes govern a patient's right to access his or her medical records.
Medicaid is health insurance that helps people pay some or all of their medical bills. It may be free for families with children, pregnant women, and adults without children at home, depending on their income.
This article discusses nursing home complaint procedures.
OverviewThe Department of Social Services administers the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE) and 1915(i) State Plan Option-Fee for Service.
Are you worried about paying for a very long stay in a nursing home? Medicaid is a federal health insurance program that might help pay for your care. Read this to find out who can get Medicaid, what it pays for, how to apply, what happens to your wife or husband who still lives at home, and more.
See the legal aid article, Are You Eligible For Medicaid?
If you are on Medicare, you have medical expenses you pay yourself (called “out-of-pocket” expenses). These expenses may include monthly premiums, deductibles, coinsurance or co-pays. Read this article to find out about programs that may pay some of your out-of-pocket expenses.
Learn how to apply for a Medicare Savings Program.
This workbook was developed by the Connecticut Legal Rights Project to help you prepare a legal document called an advance directive. An advance directive allows you to influence your health care treatment when you are unable to do so.
OverviewPlease contact your Area Agency on Aging, CHOICES coordinator, for assistance. Click here for more information.
This benefits survey will help you determine if you could get help to pay for things like food, health insurance, and child care.
The Connecticut Commission on Aging is a non-partisan state agency of the CT General Assembly.They are committed to promoting policies that enhance the lives of the present and future generations of older adults.
State Unit on Aging Main office, 860-424-5274 Toll Free (in State), 1-866-218-6631 Application forms by mail1-800-609-5627 Alternate Care Unit1-800-445-5394860-424-4904 CHOICES Program860-424-5322 Connecticut Medicare Assignment Program (...
Connecticut Long Term Care Ombudsman Program protects and promotes the rights and quality of life for residents of skilled nursing facilities, residential care homes and managed residential care communities (also known as assisted living...
This article provides elderly living in Connecticut with a list of state-funded and/or affiliated organizations and service providers. Covers the Food Stamp Program (now known as SNAP), adult day care, homecare, the Connecticut...
Applications may be obtained from, and filed with the local Area Agency on Aging.For more information or an application form, call 1-800-994-9422.             
This web site contains links to Connecticut and federal statutes, regulations, and cases important to Elder Law -- maintained by Attorney Lisa Nachmias Davis and a must for any Connecticut Elder Law Attorney.