Main Content

Coronavirus: Get information about court access, work, benefits, housing, and more. Visit
Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut is open to serve you! Call our legal aid hotline: 1-800-453-3320. You can also learn about our services and apply for legal help online.

Video: Tenants' Rights: Repairs

Even if your apartment needs repairs, you need to pay your rent on time every month. If you don’t, you risk being evicted.

The first thing you should do is ask your landlord to make the repairs. If that doesn’t work, keep paying your rent. You can try to get the repairs made by bringing a housing code enforcement lawsuit, also known as a Payment Into Court action.

To learn more, watch this video, or see our full article, Tenants' Rights: Repairs.

Get Help From Legal Aid

Age 60+: Get help from legal aid.
Under age 60: Find legal help or apply online.
Not from Connecticut? Find help in another state.