Wages and Hours of Work

If an employer has not paid you for time you worked, the first thing you should do is ask your employer for your back pay. If you are still not paid, try to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. If you have very low income, call Statewide Legal Services at 860-344-0380 or 1-800-453-3320. There are...
Use this article to learn about your rights and responsibilities as an immigrant worker in the United States. Keep track of the hours you work, and note information about your employer.
Time off from Work for Family or Medical Leave A special law, called the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), gives many people the right to take time off from work to care for a child, parent, spouse or yourself. 
Is money being taken out of your pay because you owe money? A wage attachment is a court order that forces your employer to take money from your paycheck to pay the debt. Read this to learn: when that can happen, how much they can take, what you can do if you can’t afford it, and more.
This video explains every  Connecticut worker’s wage rights.
Do I have the right to be paid the minimum wage?Federal and state minimum wage laws apply to most employees. Exceptions include certain kinds of farmworkers and waitpersons. The minimum wage for waitpersons is $6.38.
Can I be forced to take a drug test? Who can see my personnel file? If you have questions like this, read this article to learn your rights and the laws that protect you. It covers: drug tests, time off to take care of a family member, discipline, firing, discrimination, temporary worker rights,...
Click on a topic below to learn about your rights when applying for a job if you have a criminal record, an employer wants to drug test you, you have a disability, and more.
Your employer is supposed to keep records of all wages paid to you and of all the hours you worked, but you should keep your own records, too. This work hours calendar will help you keep as much information as possible.Note: This PDF...
This video explains every  Connecticut worker’s wage rights.