Is Your Child Having Problems in School?

Is Your Child Having Problems in School?

If your child is having trouble learning, he or she may be eligible for help through special education services.  To learn more and find out what you can do, get the free guide, A Parent's Guide to Special Education Services in Bridgeport.

The guide will help you to:
- Understand the steps to getting your child evaluated for special education services.
- Be prepared to ask important questions about your child’s evaluation or special education plan.
- Clarify special education terms such as PPT, IEP, and SRBI.
- Know your rights and the rights of your child.
- Find resources when questions or concerns arise.
- Be your child’s number one advocate!

For more information, contact:

Statewide Legal Services: 860-344-0380 (Central CT & Middletown) or 1-800-453-3320 (all other regions).

For people over 60, click here to get help from legal aid.

Not from Connecticut?

Most of the information on this website is for Connecticut residents only.
Find help in another state.

Was this helpful?

We'd love to know what you think of this page. All submissions are anonymous.

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Incorrect please try again
Enter the words above: Enter the words you hear: